The Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) was introduced in 2013 and its purpose is to ensure that home buyers borrow responsibly and also reducing the systemic risk of overleveraging. It specifies the maximum percentage of the borrower’s monthly income to be used in servicing all their loan obligations which include credit cards, personal loans, car loans and housing loans. It is also the maximum loan eligibility of the purchaser when it comes to purchasing residential property in Singapore.
For those planning to purchase a property, the TDSR will be one of the vital factors that will affect the amount of the housing loan. Use the below Maximum Loan Eligibility (TDSR) Calculator below to find out how much you can borrow.
- For the “Age” of the Applicant, please key in between 21 to 65 years old.
- If there is no Joint Applicant, please key in “0” on in the “Age” column.
- The Monthly Debt Obligations for “Credit Cards” is the sum of your minimum payments across all credit cards.
- The Maximum Loan Amount can be increased using other methods of legal funding. For more information, please contact us.
- The computation for the Maximum Loan Amount assumes that you currently do not have any existing mortgage loan.
- The maximum loan tenure for the computation of the Maximum Loan Amount is based on 30 years or up to 65 years old of age for the loan servicing, whichever is shorter.
- The Maximum Property Purchase Price is based on the assumption that the Maximum Loan Amount is 75% of the Maximum Property Purchase Price.
- The Maximum Property Purchase Price can be also increased with the increase in the Maximum Loan Amount and also other additional funding hand.
- Disclaimer: The computations of this calculator are based on the assumption to the accuracy of the inputs by the users and are based on the conforming rules and regulations set by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). As these rules and regulations change over time, we do not warranty the accuracy of the computations. The results are estimations and for illustrative purposes only. Any person acting upon or in reliance of this information does so entirely at his/her own risk. No warranty whatsoever is given and no liability is accepted by us behind this calculator for any loss that arises directly or indirectly as a result of any action or omission made in reliance of any information presented herein at any time.
- If you find out any error in our maximum loan eligibility (TDSR) calculator, please contact us to notify about the error.