By using and accessing this Website at www.newlaunchesreview.com, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
This Policy provides information on the obligations and policies of New Launches Review in respect of an individual customer’s Personal Data. New Launches Review is committed to using reasonable efforts in applying, where practicable, those principles and the processes set out in this Policy to its operations. Please take a moment to read this Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
New Launches Review’s owner and associates/agents shall endeavour to respect the confidentiality of and keep safe all Personal Data collected, stored, disclosed and used for, or on behalf of, New Launches Review. New Launches Review strives to ensure all collection, storage, disclosure and usage of Personal Data by Our Site and by anyone acting on its behalf shall be done in an appropriate manner and in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act and this Policy.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or engaging in real estate services offered by us, you agree and consent to New Launches Review as well as to its respective representatives, associates and agents (collectively referred to herein as “New Launches Review “, “us”, “we” or “our”) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to New Launches Review’s authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Policy.
This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to us in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
For the purposes of this Policy, in line with the provisions under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (the “Act”), “Personal Data” shall mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Such Personal Data shall also refer to that which is already in the possession of New Launches Review or that which shall be collected by New Launches Review in the future.
2. USE OF OUR SITE
Use of Google Analytics
The IP anonymity function has been activated for Our Site, i.e. your IP address will be truncated by Google prior to transmitting it to the Google server in the U.S. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the U.S. and truncated there.
In addition, you can prevent the collection and sending of the cookie-generated data pertaining to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by following this link:
http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. This link takes you to a browser plugin which you can download and install.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. New Launches Review will not sell your personal information to any third party without your permission, but we cannot be responsible or held liable for the actions of third party sites which you may have linked or been directed to Our Site.
3. STATEMENT OF PRACTICES
Types of Personal Data Collected
As part of its day-to-day activities, New Launches Review may collect from you Personal Data through various means, including:
• when you leave your contact details with us after attending our marketing events such as roadshows and seminars;
• when you visit our showflats or open houses and leave behind your contact details or express an interest to preview a unit;
• when you wish to book a unit at our new property launch;
• when you interact with our associates or agents, e.g. via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings or email;
• when you respond to some of our marketing collaterals e.g. advertisements, brochures, flyers;
• when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
• when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents;
• when you engage our associates or agents to help source for or transact the sale or purchase of a property (private or HDB);
• when you engage our associates or agents to look for and transact a rental property (private or HDB);
• when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them; and
• when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons;
• when you visit Our Site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on Our Site.
The type of Personal Data that we collect from you may include your:
• NRIC/FIN/Passport Number
• Date of Birth/Age
• Phone Number
• Email Address
• Household members
• Household/Personal Income
• Credit card information
• Tax returns
• CPF information
• Employment pass/Work permit
Note that some of the Personal Data we collect are required by the HDB or other government agencies to check your eligibility to purchase a HDB flat or executive condo.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data mentioned in Paragraph 3.2 above is collected for the purposes of:
• Keeping clients informed of new property launches or existing property for sale or rent;
• Following up on client’s expression of interest to purchase or rent a property;
• Checking with HDB or government agencies on client’s eligibility to purchase a new HDB flat or executive condominium;
• Servicing a client’s application to book a unit at a new property launch;
• Processing and completing a sale/resale or rental transaction;
• Performing valuation of property (using anonymised data); and
• Conducting market research and analysis (using anonymised data).
Disclosure of Personal Data
Without derogating from any of the above, we may also disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties:
• Regulators and law enforcement officials
• Government agencies (HDB, CPF)
• Industry associations (CEA)
• Third party service providers and consultants
• Credit, debit and charge card companies, banks and other entities processing payment
• Any agent representing New Launches Review.
New Launches Review may also disclose your Personal Data to the abovementioned parties in the occurrence of any of the following events:
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
• To third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf;
• With your consent; or
• For the purposes of disaster recovery.
4. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OVERSEAS
Your Personal Data may be processed by New Launches Review, its partners, associates, agents and third parties providing services to New Launches Review, in jurisdictions outside of Singapore. In this event New Launches Review will comply with the data protection provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act in respect of the transferred personal data while such personal data remains in its possession or under its control; and will ensure that the recipient of your personal data is bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide your personal data a standard of protection that is comparable to that under the PDPA.
5. ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
Where you: (i) legitimately request access to Personal Data relating to you which is in the possession and control of New Launches Review; (ii) have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or this Policy; or (iii) wish to correct Personal Data relating to you which is in the possession and control of New Launches Review, you may contact us via the email address in Paragraph ?? below in accordance with our standard procedures as stated in this Policy. We shall accede to your request within a reasonable time and manner.
New Launches Review shall not be liable for any damage, claim and/or harm suffered by you as a result of your failure to update us of any change of your Personal Data.
6. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
New Launches Review uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data and will not knowingly allow access to this data to anyone outside Our Site, other than to you or as described in this Policy. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so entirely at your own risk. In particular, New Launches Review does not warrant that such information may not be accessed, altered, collected, copied, destroyed, disposed of, disclosed or modified by breach of any of New Launches Review’s physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
7. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
New Launches Review will delete, as reasonably possible, or otherwise anonymise any Personal Data in the event that the Personal Data is not required for any reasonable business or legal purposes of New Launches Review. The deletion or destruction of Personal Data from New Launches Reivew’s electronic, manual or other filing systems will be done in accordance with our internal procedures and other agreements.
8. CONTACTING YOU
To the extent that any of the communication means which you have provided us with (which may include your telephone number and fax number) is/will be listed on the Do Not Call Registry (the “DNC”), by agreeing to this Policy, by any means of indication, you hereby grant New Launches Review your clear and unambiguous consent to contact you using all of your communication means you have provided to us including using voice calls, SMS, Whatsapp, MMS, fax or other similar communications applications or methods, for the purposes as stated in Paragraphs 3.4
9. CHANGE OF POLICY
10. GOVERNING LAW
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. You hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
11. CONTACTING US
12. ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
This document was last updated on 1st July 2014.